Thursday, July 24, 2008

Scholarships Update

I got dinged in 4 out of 5. I've been shortlisted for the L'Oreal Scholarship (http://www.insead.edu/mba/schlmgmt/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_list_schl). There are 3 other finalists besides myself. The final round will be conducted during the orientation week.

The objective is to share with a committee of INSEAD & L'Oreal representatives your professional objectives and be prepared to answer their questions for 10-15 minutes.

While I'm excited about getting a step closer to some scholarship, I'm properly educated on how INSEAD designs everything to be so competitive. All the finalists duke it out right there and then. And the results are announced at the end of that session.

And in stake, 'Partial Tuition'! Now, I just need to demonstrate to the committee that I'm creative and have a clear vision of my professional goals.

Exciting times.

7 comments:

eLana said...

hi! not sure if you're checking this blog anymore - but im going to insead this fall and have also been shortlisted for the scholarship.

it seems very very intense! was wondering if i could chat with you a little bit to get more insight into the whole process.

would love to hear from you :)
thanks in advance!

Creative said...

Congrats Elana. I'm happy to chat with you 1:1. What's your email address? (You can just leave it as a comment and I won't publish the comment).

Unknown said...

Hey, great to read your blog. I've been fortunate to also get selected for the INSEAD LOreal scholarship. The process does seem really comprehensive!

Would be lovely to connect with you.

Thanks!

Creative said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephane said...

Hi - I'd love to discuss with you about the L'Oréal scholarship - I'm in this situation and would benefit from your advice.

Could we please have a quick phone call soon? Even perhaps in the coming days?

Thank you!

Creative said...

Post your question here itself. I'll try answering (btw, I didn't get the scholarship)

Unknown said...

Hi, I am joining the INSEAD MBA Program this August and have been shortlisted for the L'oreal scholarship. It would be great if we could have a chat. My email address is ankurgrover078[at]gmail[dot]com