Monday, April 21, 2008

Student Loans

I'm Male, Indian, Engineer and living in the US. The three options I'm looking at are

1. IEFC - needs a US citizen or permanent resident as cosigner.
2. BNP Paribas - 3% loan, attractive terms, but require a French citizen or international bank to guarantee the loan.
3. BRED - 2.35% loan, attractive terms, but have some constraints at #2.

Why would any bank in it's sane state of mind guarantee a bank loan. Why take all the risk for absolutely no gain? I guess a bank could guarantee a loan at some rate, but then the interest rates become less attractive.

I remain concerned about my ability to fund an INSEAD education. I'm praying for a scholarship :-(

3 comments:

Ghantu Ghati said...

Ooooh huh! I have plans to apply for INSEAD 2011 intake and reading your posts made me shiver!

Best of luck!

As I have plenty of time (Or so i think) would you suggest something which I shouldn't be missing in these early hours. I am a Indian, male engineer too, and have done nothing biig in my life so far. I work for a French consulting firm here but as saving's are not so great, planning to relocate to Singapore.

Creative said...

If you know any French citizens willing to vouch for you then, you have an option.

INSEAD Singapore will result in lower living costs but you'll still need to pay for tuition..

RunningRaincoat! said...

any rich relatives you could consider?